Why do we consider linen as an elite fabric?
- Linen is one of the oldest textiles and it is made from the fibres of the flax plant.
- Linen is considered as a symbol of purity.
- Linen is believed to be the best fabric for summer due to its ability to breath and absorb moisture.
- Linen has a big history, it was used in Ancient Egypt for making garments and even for mummification. Interesting isn't it?
- Linen gets easily wrinkled and that gives a cool, casual look to your garments.
- Wearing linen has health properties as it is natural and eco-friendly. Linen is the best fabric for people with sensitive skin which is prone to allergies. It is also the best fabric for women who suffer "hot flushes".
- The flax cell is dissolvable by the human cell, making it ideal for internal sutures and other surgical procedures.
- Pure linen is 100% biodegradable as it is natural.
Do you know how much plastic, artificial or synthetic fibres enter into the ocean and our body daily? We live in an era of "activewear" made of synthetic fibres and do you know these microfibres ends in the ocean and in our food chain? Is it too much to think?
In a world of plastic, linen is arguably the best to wear for the mentioned reasons.
Well, we realise this as your fellow human beings and we created our brand de Linum, offering pure linen fabrics and garments for yourself and nature. Our business is not for just us, it is for you and nature, the mother earth.
Love yourself and love your nature. Support de Linum in creating awareness and thought in people