New to Linen ? Read further..
Pure linen is made from the fibres of the flax plant, a versatile plant in the universe. Pure linen has a history of more than 30000 years. Historically, Egyptians recognized its value and grown flax to make textiles and clothing. Interestingly, linen was used as a currency in Egypt which shows its high value at the time. Moreover, mummies of Pharaohs were wrapped in meters of linen fabric as Egyptians considered linen as a symbol of purity and health.
Well, that is some history of linen. Is linen so good for Egyptians to treat it like gold? The answer is YES in our view.
- Pure linen is natural and Eco-friendly as it is 100% biodegradable.
- The flax cell is dissoluble by the human cell, making it ideal for internal sutures and other surgical procedures.
- Pure linen is hypoallergenic and best for your skin-the largest organ in your body.
- Pure linen has strong antibacterial properties.
- Linen is believed to be the best fabric for summer due to its ability to breath and absorb moisture.
- Linen is more durable than any other natural fabrics.
You may still be thinking what is so special about linen? Read further.
In the modern world of plastics and synthetics, linen is truly a blessing. A huge amount of micro-plastics and chemicals from man-made fibres end up in the ocean and in our food chain over the time and that is causing irreparable damage to our health and well-being. We tend to believe these microplastics affect our hormonal system and upset the whole functioning of our body.
We created this brand with a huge mission to promote natural fabrics and we chose linen, to begin with.
Finally, we made it affordable for you.